The Village of the Holy Spirit, the fourth village founded in Cuba by Spanish colonizers, has experienced changes over the years. Yet, the ancient city treasures a great deal of colonial times features mostly in the so-called historic area. Continue reading
This old bridge, built over the Yayabo River, is one of the most visited places in Sancti Spiritus. It was built to link the town with the road to the nearby village of Trinidad.
From the balconies of this library , the Ruben Martinez Villena Provincial Library, Fidel Castro first addressed the residents of Sancti Spiritus on January 6th, 1959. Continue reading
During the last two years, the interest of foreign tourists in Sancti Spiritus – or The Village of the Holy Spirit, as it is also known – has undergone a gradual but steady rise. Continue reading
The Cuban ancient city of Trinidad, along with the Valle de Los Ingenios (Valley of the Sugar Mills) —both located in the province of Sancti Spiritus, central Cuba—, were the first sites of the island to be granted the recognition of Cultural Heritage by UNESCO, back in 1988. Continue reading
The Village of the Holy Spirit (Sancti Spiritus), located in the center of the beautiful Cuban island, has several identifying symbols, since there are several sites that come to our minds when we are asked about it. Continue reading